There’s never been a better time to play junior football on the Gold Coast, and 2020 at the Nerang Eagles Soccer Club is shaping up to be a fantastic year of friendship, football success and overall FUN!
Nerang Soccer Club prides itself of providing more for less, and consistently has some of the lowest fees around whilst providing more for each junior player – open to boys and girls aged 5 and up!
Online registrations open in the first week of January (January 2nd onwards) and the club will also have in-person sign on days on Saturday and Sunday the 1st and 2nd of February, 9am to Midday at the clubhouse.
Many clubs make players pay extra for things like family membership fees, fundraising fees, socks, shorts, shirts and balls but Nerang players get EVERYTHING included!
2020 ONLINE REGISTRATIONS OPEN NOW
Prefer to do it person? BE AT THE CLUBHOUSE Saturday or Sunday the 1st or 2nd of February, 9am to Midday, to sign on for 2020 soccer and register in person.
PAYMENT can be made during the online process, OR you can pay in person at the clubhouse on the sign on days in February.
ALL payments due by COB Friday March 6th 2020.
What every player gets
Whilst many clubs charge extra or don't include these, every Nerang Soccer Club junior receives – as part of their fees – a club polo shirt, playing shorts, club socks and a deluxe training shirt. These are yours to keep with the polo shirts to be worn to games and the training shirts to weekly training sessions. Worn with pride they look amazing, are high quality, and support or club partners and sponsors.
What the club provides
Fees not only cover the compulsory registration fees and insurance with governing bodies, they go towards the vital equipment and services such as training and match balls, game-day uniforms, training equipment, goals and nets, field & referee costs plus much more. As a volunteer community club, The Eagles strive to ensure every player has the best chance for a fun and rewarding experience playing soccer.
Nerang Soccer Club 2020 Junior Fees comparison chart against actual fees from some other local clubs
Age groups for 2020 season are determined by child’s birth year – as in what age they are turning in 2020. Options exist for players to play up if suited.
2012 – U8s
2011 – U9s
2010 – U10s
2009 – U11s
2008 – U12s
2007 – U13s
and so on ….
2020 Registration & Sign On
FAQ & Timeline
- Football Federation Australia Online Registration Portal opens January 3rd 2020 – you need to create your new account or login to your existing account and follow the instructions, select all the options and your enter your child’s details and choose Nerang Soccer Club when prompted.
- For 2020, head to https://registration.playfootball.com.au/common/pages/reg/WelcomeRegPlus.aspx?entityid=30974&save=0 and create a new account OR login to your existing account for returning players.
- Payment can be made at the end of the online process, OR you can come into the club to make payment, see times and dates below.
- Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd of February, from 9am to Midday at the Nerang Soccer Club clubhouse, Recreation Drive Nerang.
- Please bring your full info and details of both parent and players, and your EFTPOS, VISA or MASTERCARD credit or debit to make payment. If you want to pay with a bank deposit or other means then discuss at the time with the club admins.
Each year we have parents and former players volunteer to take on a role as coach or manager for our teams, and each year we are often short a few. Our club relies on volunteers to function, so PLEASE consider becoming a coach and leading your team and kids to success for 2020! No soccer experience is necessary (yes it helps but …) however you must be able to be at training and most games, and have an eagerness to learn and inspire our little Eagles. You must be eligible also for a QLD Blue Card (working with children). If this is YOU, please contact junior coordinator Bryce Roadley on 0433 139 289 . Great family club environment, a very worthy pursuit!
- You can choose to pay in full during online registration process, or in full at the in-person sign on evenings using your credit/debit card.
- Nerang Soccer Club does offer a payment plan to assist parents with the fees. Payment plans are a $100 up front deposit, then a $100 payment per month (or part thereof) which is automatically direct debited from your nominated account on the 15th day of each month thereafter your deposit, until the full amount is paid out. This is a no interest scheme however payment defaults or late payments may incur a fee. See Mel at the club for details and an application form at the February sign on evenings.
- Payments must be made IN FULL or an agreed formal payment plan must be IN PLACE and underway prior to any player participating in the season’s scheduled competition games. Players/parents who are in default or have not paid may be refused participation in games and training sessions.
- FEES WILL BE DUE BY Friday the 6th of March – NO EXCEPTIONS. You must have your fees paid up in full, or a payment plan enacted by March 8th or your child may be restricted from participation.
- Players leaving the club? Some players, for whatever reason, may have to leave the club prior to their fees being paid up in full. This is not uncommon for many reasons and the club acknowledges this, however players who sign on and register only to leave shortly after, do leave the club with the cost burdens of their registration, part of which is non-refundable for the club. This debt must be paid and may include the cost of registration and the cost of ordering the apparel for that player. Please be aware of this prior to registration and sign on. Exit fees will apply for any player leaving the club who has not met the cost-threshold with their registration payments! These fees will be issued and must be paid promptly or they may incur additional debt recovery costs and actions.
- For the last few years the State Government of Queensland has enacted a program called ‘Get Started’ which enables those potentially with lesser financial means an opportunity to still participate in club sports across the state. It has been rebranded in 2020 to ‘Fair Play’. Nerang Soccer Club is part of this program and those eligible (with a Health Care Card or Pension Card) may be entitled to up to $150 per child playing at Nerang Soccer Club in 2020 (provided the program continues). We will update all on this program as soon as it is announced and made available. Please note though, parents/players wishing to play at Nerang will still have to cover their fees (in full or on payment plan) up front prior to the season commencing. The Get Started voucher scheme is a rebate scheme, not a scholarship, discount or sponsorship scheme, and fees must be paid prior to participation in the season.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the Fair Play program and how to apply.
- Training for all standard junior teams (excluding JPL and HPM teams) will be 2 afternoons per week, either Tue and Thu OR Mon and Wed afternoons, depending on age groups and allocations of field space. (Your coach will notify you soon after you commence)
- Games are Saturday mornings for ages U6 to U12s with U13s and up typically having a mix of Saturday morning games.
- Players and parents are invited and encouraged to participate in social events and spectate at our Senior games throughout the year.
- Canteen and bar will be open for most training sessions and ALL matches at our home grounds.
- All of our regular Junior Competition and Mini Roos coaches are volunteers and receive no renumeration for their time at the club, please keep this in the forefront of your mind during your time at Nerang.
- All players, parents, members and spectators are expected to adhere to the various Codes Of Conduct and terms set forth by the Football Federation Australia, Football Queensland, Football Gold Coast and Nerang Soccer Club Incorporated at ALL TIMES throughout the year.
- Training commences early February (see clubhouse for coaches and field allocations and times) and competition commences mid to late April. There are some grading carnivals/events in March, see your individual coach for details.
- Matches are typically NOT scheduled over school holidays however some games might bookend school holidays or there may be catch up fitures in some instances … training is optional over school holidays and up to each team and coach.
2020 DATES BREAKDOWN
JAN 2 – FFA online registration portal opens
FEB 1 & 2 – Nerang Soccer Club in person sign on days – 9am to Midday at clubhouse
FEB 10 & 11 – Full junior training commences (some teams may train earlier or start later – see coaches)
MAR 6 – ALL payments DUE DATE for fees, no exceptions
MAR – Junior grading carnivals (U9s and up, only some teams – see coaches)
MAR 23 & 24 – Full regular season games commence for U6s to U18s