There’s never been a better time to play junior football on the Gold Coast, and after a difficult year for junior and community sport in 2020, the 2021 year ahead at the Nerang Eagles Soccer Club is already shaping up to be a fantastic year of friendship, football success and overall FUN!
Nerang Soccer Club prides itself of providing more for less, and consistently has some of the lowest fees around whilst providing more for each junior player.
Open to boys and girls aged 5 and up!
Online registrations open in the first week of January (January 4th onwards) and the club will also have in-person sign on day on Saturday January 30th.
PAYMENT can be made during the online process, OR you can pay in person at the clubhouse at the sign on day.
What every player gets
Whilst many clubs charge extra or don't include these, every Nerang Soccer Club junior receives – as part of their fees – a club polo shirt, playing shorts, club socks and a deluxe training shirt. These are yours to keep with the polo shirts to be worn to games and the training shirts to weekly training sessions. Worn with pride they look amazing, are high quality, and support or club partners and sponsors.
What the club provides
Fees not only cover the compulsory registration fees and insurance with governing bodies, they go towards the vital equipment and services such as training and match balls, game-day uniforms, training equipment, goals and nets, field & referee costs plus much more. As a volunteer community club, The Eagles strive to ensure every player has the best chance for a fun and rewarding experience playing soccer.
2021 Age Groups
Age groups for 2021 season are determined by child’s birth year – as in what age they are turning in 2021. Options exist for players to play up if suited.
2013 – U8s
2012 – U9s
2011 – U10s
2010 – U11s
2009 – U12s
2008 – U13s
and so on ….
Nerang Soccer Club 2021 Junior Fees
U8 to U11 — $420
all prices are inclusive of GST
2021 DATES BREAKDOWN
JAN 4 – FA online registration portal opens
JAN 31 – Nerang Soccer Club in person sign on day – 9am to 1pm at clubhouse
Mid FEB – Junior training commences (some teams may train earlier or start later – see coaches or clubhouse)
MAR 5 – ALL payments DUE DATE for fees, no exceptions
Mid APR – Full regular season games commence for U6s to U18s
*Subject to update or change
2021 Registration & Sign On
FAQ & Timeline
- Football Australia Online Registration Portal opens January 4th 2021 – you need to create your new account or login to your existing account and follow the instructions, select all the options and your enter your child’s details and choose Nerang Soccer Club when prompted.
- For 2021, head to the FA website PLAY FOOTBALL and create a new account OR login to your existing account for returning players.
- Payment can be made at the end of the online process, OR you can come into the club to make payment, see times and dates below.
- Saturday 30th January, from 9am to 1pm at the Nerang Soccer Club clubhouse, Recreation Drive Nerang.
- Please bring your full info and details of both parent and players, and your EFTPOS, VISA or MASTERCARD credit or debit to make payment. If you want to pay with a bank deposit or other means then discuss at the time with the club admins.
Each year we have football coaches, parents and former players volunteer to take on a role as coach or manager for our teams, and each year we are often short in a few positions. Our club relies on volunteers to function, so PLEASE consider becoming a coach and leading your team and kids to success for 2021! No soccer experience is necessary for the younger ages (yes it helps but …) however you must be able to be at training and most games, and have an eagerness to learn football, be a leader, grow into your role and inspire our little Eagles. You must be eligible also for a QLD Blue Card (working with children). If this is YOU, please contact —
Miniroos U6 to U11 // Wayne Cousins 0468 855 558
Junior Comp U12 to U18 // Michael Opie 0406 030 699
Great family club environment, a very worthy pursuit!
- You can choose to pay in full during online registration process, or in full at the in-person sign on evenings using your credit/debit card.
- Nerang Soccer Club does offer a payment plan to assist parents with the fees. Payment plans are a $200 up front deposit, then a $100 payment per month (or part thereof) which is automatically direct debited from your nominated account on the 15th day of each month thereafter your deposit, until the full amount is paid out. This is a no interest scheme however payment defaults or late payments may incur a fee. See the Admin Window at the club for details and an application form at the January 30 sign on day or thereafter.
- FEES WILL BE DUE BY Friday the 5th of March – NO EXCEPTIONS. You must have your fees paid up in full, or a payment plan enacted by March 5th 2021 or your child may be restricted from participation in games, training and other activities.
- Players leaving the club? Some players, for whatever reason, may have to leave the club prior to their fees being paid up in full. This is not uncommon for many reasons and the club acknowledges this, however players who sign on and register only to leave shortly after, do leave the club with the cost burdens of their registration, part of which is non-refundable for the club. This debt must be paid and may include any non-recoverable costs of registration and the cost of ordering the apparel for that player. Please be aware of this prior to registration and sign on. Exit fees will apply for any player leaving the club who have not met the cost-threshold with their registration payments! These fees will be issued and must be paid promptly or they may incur additional debt recovery costs and actions.
- For the last few years the State Government of Queensland has enacted a program called ‘Get Started’ which enables those potentially with lesser financial means an opportunity to still participate in club sports across the state. It has been rebranded in 2020 to ‘Fair Play’.Nerang Soccer Club is part of this program and those eligible (with a Health Care Card or Pension Card) may be entitled to up to $150 per child playing at Nerang Soccer Club in 2021. Please note though, parents/players wishing to play at Nerang will still have to cover their fees (in full or on payment plan) up front prior to the season commencing. The Get Started voucher scheme is a rebate scheme, not a scholarship, discount or sponsorship scheme, and fees must be paid prior to participation in the season.
FIRST ROUND JANUARY 20th — CLICK HERE to learn more about the Fair Play program and how to apply.
- VOUCHERS are issued on a first come first get basis until allocation is exhausted so be sure to apply as soon as the application portal opens.
- Training for all standard junior teams will be two afternoons per week, either Tue and Thu OR Mon and Wed afternoons, depending on age groups and allocations of field space. (Your coach will notify you soon after you commence)
- Games are Saturday mornings for ages U6 to U12s with U13s and up typically having a mix of Saturday morning games and Friday evening games.
- Players and parents are invited and encouraged to participate in social events and spectate at our Senior games throughout the year.
- Canteen and bar will be open for most training sessions and ALL matches at our home grounds.
- All of our regular Junior Competition and Mini Roos coaches are volunteers and receive no renumeration for their time at the club, please keep this in the forefront of your mind during your time at Nerang.
- All players, parents, members and spectators are expected to adhere to the various Codes Of Conduct and terms set forth by Football Australia, Football Queensland, Football Gold Coast and Nerang Soccer Club Incorporated at ALL TIMES throughout the year.
- Training commences mid February and we will confirm starting dates and times shortly. Upon arrival for training see clubhouse for coaches and field allocations. Competition schedules will be released when they are finalised by Football Gold Coast.
- Games and matches are typically NOT scheduled over school holidays however some games might bookend school holidays or there may be catch up fixtures in some instances … training is optional over school holidays and up to each team and coach.