Nerang Soccer Club invites all parents and juniors to pre-register their interest in joining the Nerang Eagles Soccer Club for the 2019 Football Gold Coast junior season.
Returning players and new players welcome to join one of the Gold Coast’s oldest and most accomplished soccer clubs, with opportunities for people of all ages, genders, skill levels and circumstances.
Please REGISTER YOUR DETAILS BELOW to go on our 2019 Sign On Email List for important updates on dates, fees and sign on information. Be sure the check your email afterwards to confirm your registration.
Age groups are determined by child’s birth year – as in what age they are turning in 2019. Options exist for players to play up if suited.
2011 – U8s
2010 – U9s
2009 – U10s
2008 – U11s
2007 – U12s
2006 – U13s
and so on ….
NERANG SOCCER CLUB SIGN ON FAQ
- Football Federation Australia online portal for registration with NSC will open approx mid January
- Glennon Park fields open for training late January, returning players/parents please check with coaches
- In-person sign on evenings will be held at the club early February
- Full junior training commences mid February
- Season commences mid April depending on age group and circumstances
- ‘Squirts’ program (3 to 5 yo) planned for later in season.
- Teams usually train 2 afternoons/nights per week for 1 hour each session, and play one weekend game on Saturday morning (sometimes Friday evening game for older divisions) for the duration of the season
- Competition ladders are only kept for ages U12 and up
- Players receive full NSC kit which includes shorts, socks, a training shirt, a club polo shirt and game day strip is provided for each match.
Mini Roos - U6 to U11s
U6s to U11s play in the national ‘Mini Roos’ format, with scalable gameplay and development designed with a strong emphasis on fun, rewarding and exciting football.
With smaller fields, modified rules and fewer players means a more enjoyable game with more opportunities to touch the ball and more opportunities to score goals, once again increasing the likelihood of an overall positive experience.
As your child progresses through the various age groups they will be introduced to playing environments that most suit their stage of development and prepare them for the transition to 11v11 football when the time comes.
U6 & U7
4 vs 4 games
2m X 1m goals
Size 3 ball
U8 & U9
7 vs 7 games
3m X 2m goal
Size 3 ball
U10 & U11
9 vs 9 games
4m X 2m goal
Size 4 ball
Junior Competition - U12s to U18s
U12s and up players begin to transition to a full size field (at U13s) and longer games, and to a full 11 player-per-team game format with offside rules enforced.